D I S C L A I M E R :
Suggestions made on this website are are specific to Young Living and should not be used with any other essential oils. Statements made here have not be evaluated by the FDA. This information and these products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent and disease. Anyone suffering from disease or injury should consult a physician. If you are currently taking medication, please do not stop taking it. We do not take the place of your health care professional. Seek your licensed health care professional about your medications and possible interactions with what you are currently taking.
S A F E T Y T I P S :
- Store your oils tightly closed in a cool, dark place. This will help preserve their potency and their lifespan!
- Before using a new oil, do a patch test by rubbing a drop into a sensitive area of skin like the inside of your arm. Everyone responds differently to different oils and it’s better to be safe than sorry!
- When applying topically, read your Desk Reference Guide and back of the bottle for dilution recommendations.
- When ingesting, dilute. Mix them with honey, rice milk, raw grass-fed milk, orange juice, NingXia Red, coconut oil or another ingestible oil-soluble carrier. Be sure that when you are ingesting Essential Oils that you use glass, stainless steal container, or ceramic cup as essential oils can break down plastic and Styrofoam.
- When using in a bath, dilute. Mix 2-4 drops in honey, milk, a carrier oil, Epsom salts or 1/4 cup of Young Living’s Bath and Shower Gel Base before adding to running bath water.
- Never put essential oils in your eyes or ear canals. If you do get an essential oil in your eye/ear, flush it out with a carrier oil NOT water. Water will only make it worse! Also be careful around children and avoid touching your eyes until the oils have been fully absorbed into your skin.
- If you have (or think you may have) a medical condition (e.g. – epilepsy, high blood pressure, etc.) or if you are pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, please consult your physician before using essential oils. Read your Desk Reference Guide to learn which oils to avoid.
- Take extreme care when using essential oils around babies and young children. Keep them out of your child’s reach at all times and always follow proper dilution and application guidelines based on your child’s age and personal sensitivities.
- Avoid direct or prolonged sun / UV ray exposure in the hours after using phototoxic oils (up to 12 hours for most citrus oils, up to 24 hours for angelica, up to 48 hours for bergamot) as they can compound the effects of sun exposure and therefore cause severe skin damage (see orange-dot oils on the application chart).
- Always read the individual bottle labels, practice moderation, and keep your Desk Reference Guide close by.