Week 2 What does it feel like to be my husband?
Read all of chapter 3, beginning on page 41, before beginning the study questions.
- Day 1 Sophisticated Venting
Memorize Philippians 2:14 in any translation.
Do everything without complaining and arguing, so that no one can criticize you. (v 14-15 NLT)
- What are your thoughts as you read what wives said was the worst they had done in their marriages (see pages 44-45)?
- Do you think you are a positive person, or a griping nag, or somewhere in between?
- Where did I catch the griping disease?
- Where Did I Catch the Griping Disease?
- Read page 47 and then write your own translation on 4:8
- List at least 5 things you learn from Jean’s story on pages 48-49.
- Do you think its okay as Christian women to nag, whine and complain?
- Day 3: God-on Griping
- Read Proverbs 27:15-16 and write the verses in your journal.
- Read Proverbs 25:24
- Give an example when you have been “the nag”
- Read Proverbs 12:4 and write it in your journal
- Read Proverbs 31:11-12
- Give an example of when you have been the “crown”
- Day 4: Gripes Be Gone!
- Read Corinthians 10:1-3
- Who were the Israelites really griping about?
- Day 5: Put on a Bracelet
- Read Psalm 142:1-5. List your complaints to the Lord on the side margin if your journal.
- Read Romans 15:5-7. Apply these verses by writing a prayer about accepting your husband.
- Now write a chart on the left title it His Faults and on the right title it My Wrong Responses. Pray to the Lord and ask him to help you and show you what to write.
- Now wear a bracelet and each time you nag, complain or whine, switch the bracelet to the other arm. Keep marks at how many times you nag, complain and whine in a day.