I can’t believe we are here and ready to begin What’s it like to be married to me study! I sure hope you are ready to write so many great nuggets down in this study. I know my book is all folded, pinned, highlighted, marked, sticky tabbed and all. This study really shifted things for myself and my marriage for such greater and better things. If you have fallen behind, don’t stop just continue on! Let the Lord work his way in you and through you. He knows what he is doing 🙂 Lets get started ladies.
Week 1 Chapters 1 & 2
Before answering these questions, read chapters 1 & 2 then come back to these questions.
Chapter 1 Questions:
By design or default?
- What did you learn (bot positive and negative) in your childhood home about marriage?
- Describe a woman who was a role model to you as a wife.
- Memorize and mediate on Song of Solomon 5:16
“His mouth is full of sweetness and he is wholly desirable. This is my beloved and this is my friend.”
- What does this verse say to you?
4. What do you say is important to you? List your priorities.
5. On pages 26-27 which of the comments do you identify most to? Why?
6. I know we all want someone to say good things about us at our funeral. Find and block a time for peace and quiet. Write and reflect on what you would want your husband to say at your funeral years from now. (write them in a journal)
7. Write out your Marriage Purpose Statement whether its a prom, song, letter, come up with a creative idea and write it down. Put it somewhere safe (if its not already in your journal).
Chapter 2 Questions:
- Memorize Philippians 2:14 (15 and 16 if you can) in your choice of translation. “14 Do everything without grumbling [another word is complaining] and arguing, 15 so that you may be blameless and pure…”
- As a wife, what do you think a kind of wife you are. A griping one, nagging one, positive one or somewhere in between?
- Read Proverbs 25:24 and write below what you think of this verse?
- Now the fun part begins. I want you to write on one side His faults. Of course we all think this is easy and simple, but the other side is going to be hard. Write on the right side Your Wrong Responses.
Now pray and ask God to change you instead of asking him to change your husband.